crystal dawn is retiring, as this is her last blog post, so she made this CD mix...
The 18-track disc, titled White House Happy Hour Mix, Vol. XLIV is the first ever presidential soundtrack designed specifically for the Obama Administration. In cooperation with Damn Straight Records, crystal dawn has compiled the most complete affectional mix featuring a stellar collection of artists from across genres, including such renowned, multi-platinum performers as Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Bobby Womack, The Isley Brothers, and of course, 2Pac.
Now the President and White House officials can head over to the Red Room to sit back, relax, drink Hennessy, and swing to soul-inspired sounds after a long day's worth of being all presidential and shiz. Because we all need a happy hour.
1. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) - Marvin Gaye
2. Holy Thursday - David Axelrod <--- different guy
3. Walk on By - Dionne Warwick
4. Take Five - The Dave Brubeck Quartet
5. Down in Mexico - The Coasters
6. Street Lady - Donald Byrd & The Blackbyrds
7. Can You Get To That - Funkadelic
8. Across 110th Street (demo version) - Bobby Womack
9. Footsteps In The Dark (Parts 1 & 2) - The Isley Brothers
10. Summer Madness - Kool & The Gang
11. Knucklehead - Grover Washington, Jr.
12. Baby It's You - Smith
13. Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
14. Summer Breeze (cover) - The Isley Brothers
15. Keep on Running - Stevie Wonder
16. White Folks - Barack Obama
17. How Do You Want It - 2Pac
18. Buy Your Own Damn Fries - Barack Obama
The soundtrack hits stores on a Tuesday at some point in the future since all things are released on Tuesday's.
Peace, I'm out!