February 5, 2008

Oprah *Is* a Closet Republican!

Bill Moyers talked about the kinds of guests Oprah had on in the run-up to war in 2002.

BILL MOYERS: EVEN OPRAH GOT IN ON THE ACT, FEATURING IN OCTOBER 2002 NEW YORK TIMES REPORTER JUDITH MILLER.

JUDITH MILLER: (OPRAH 10/9/02) The US intelligence community believes that Saddam Hussein has deadly stocks of anthrax, of botulinum toxin, which is one of the most virulent poisons known to man.

BILL MOYERS: LIBERAL HAWK KENNETH POLLAK.

KENNETH POLLAK: And what we know for a fact from a number of defectors who've come out of Iraq over the years is that Saddam Hussein is absolutely determined to acquire nuclear weapons and is building them as fast as he can.

BILL MOYERS: AND THE RIGHT HAND MAN TO AHMED CHALABI.

OPRAH: And so do the Iraqi people want the American people to liberate them?

QUANBAR: Absolutely. In 1991 the Iraqi people were....

WOMAN: I hope it doesn't offend you...

BILL MOYERS: WHEN ONE GUEST DARED TO EXPRESS DOUBT OPRAH WOULD HAVE NONE OF IT

WOMAN: I just don't know what to believe with the media and..

OPRAH: Oh, we're not trying to propaganda-- show you propaganda. ..We're just showing you what is.

WOMAN: I understand that, I understand that.

OPRAH: OK, but Ok. You have a right to your opinion.




I actually did two posts about these goofballs. Kenneth Pollack here and that dutch-boy Judith Miller here.

More of Oprah's guests/interviews included:

Condi Rice
Listen in on Oprah's one-on-one conversation with our cool, collected national security advisor.
Hear about her downtime (piano, football, shopping) and uptime (faith, unity, power)—and why the terrorists have already lost.

"In all my years of interviewing, I have never been prouder to spell my name w-o-m-a-n than after spending time with Condoleezza Rice."
-- Uhg!! Why, cause she's black? How come no luv for Hillary who I'm pretty sure is also a w-o--m-a-n??

Colin Powell

--interviewed on October 22, 2002

Laura Bush

--another "Cut" up. Oprah and her fucking O' Magazine/Empire/Conglomerate/Let's talk about bullshit women's issues like fat thighs and recipe's instead of the fact that your husband is dumber than a box of rocks!

Hmm... and I can't seem to find Harpo having Madeline Albright or Hillary Clinton on ever. I know I keep harping on Harpo, but she's got such a massive influence over the way women think and could very well sway women's vote away from the ONE woman candidate in the history of the United States.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WHAT!?! I thought she was a closet lesbian, not a closet Republican! :)